Welcome to Cybermoor
Cybermoor was setup in 2001 after successfully bidding for an innovative government initiative ‘Wired-up Communities’ to connect disadvantaged communities to the internet. Alston Moor was selected because of its rurality and the distance that people had to travel to access basic services.
Over the years, Cybermoor has evolved to deliver other trading activities, including:
- Upgrading a significant part of the Alston Moor broadband network to fibre optic.
- Providing a testbed for innovative services and
- Delivering assisted living, telehealth and telemedicine
- Providing support to both existing and new social
- Providing support to other communities to develop innovative technology services based on the lessons from our learnt experiences.
Cybermoor is currently involved in a number of exciting innovation projects.